Thursday, July 24, 2008

THE ATTACK BIRD

Looks harmless, right? I DON'T THINK SO!!!!


Yep, you heard me right!! We have had this attack bird at work--SHE has a nest of babies and is REALLY mad at us when we walk by HER bush...I got attacked three times two days ago. I have been avoiding her bush...we had animal control come out and move the nest--well, she abandoned that nest and we think she has built another nest on the OTHER side of our building--yahoo--can you hear my enthusiasm for this nest building bird?

It is a mockingbird which really seems like a harmless creature--UNTIL you hear her and see her swooping down to take a bite out of your arm or neck or back!! Y'all--this bird has GOT to GO! I whacked it with my pocketbook when she attacked me and I almost hurt my back because of all the ducking and jumping I was doing!! It's funny now but at the time I was one more panicked person!!

I just wonder how many patients watched my torment and were dying of laughter in their cars that morning??!!

If I can, I will get a picture of this lovely little friendly ATTACKER and show you how looks can be deceiving....later.

6 comments:

Tina said...

Thanks for the laugh. I can just picture you in the parking lot swatting your purse in the air at a "bird". Did you ride the short bus to work that day?

LOL

Jordan said...

Srry about the attack but that is funny!lol! cant wait to see the picture of the little attacker!
Love you
Jordan=)

Jordan said...

Hey animals may look real cute but they are really not but i guess you already no that and for a fact! LOL!
Jordan=)
Love ya!

The Bullen's said...

Tooo funny!!! I only wish I could have seen you in action! I messed with a baby bird that fell out of a nest and the mother bird came after me...so I know the feeling! You know we Mothers are so protective over our young ones! I guess she feels the same way!!!
Thanks for the laugh !!! :)

Ingrid

Carrie said...

Hahahaha...Ahhhhhahahahaha....hehehehe...snicker...snicker...I agree with Tina!

Peter and Nancy said...

Now, if you would do a video reenactment of your pocketbook defense, THEN do a video poll -- your numbers would be through the roof!!
Laughing all the way up here in WI,
Nancy