Thursday, March 4, 2010

My decision has finally been made.


As a working mom, I am very busy to say the least. Then when I started to go to school on top of being a working mom, I became a partially educated VERY tired working mom...I was going to school to become a sleep tech or polysomnographic technician. I've missed Emy's cheerleading, I've missed picking Luke up from school, and I've even missed church...all because of classes, studying, and school. What was I thinking? Do I really want to be away from my family at NIGHT? I think I went kuckoo for a while. This week, I have been on Spring break from school (what a wonderful week--free of study, classes and tests) and I've been thinking and deciding on my priorities.

Here it is: I have decided to drop my classes; all of my classes. As of Monday, I shall just remain a working mom who will spend EVERY evening and EVERY night with her family, playing, laughing, and doing dinner the right way--together. Will I regret my decision? Maybe. But, right now, this is the RIGHT decision for me and mine.

I know of three people (and myself of course) who will be very happy with my decision--Darrell, Emy and Luke. And they, my friends, are all that count.

Until next post,
Cindy

7 comments:

Fenwick 5 said...

Cindy,I have been there and done that. SOmetimes we start stuff thinking it is the right time,then we find out it is not.There is a time and season for everything...Ecclesiastes 3:1 Enjoy this precious time with your family and may God give you peace on your decision. Gidget:)Waiting on scrutiny for Maiya Reela,hoping we hear something next week.:)

The Labontes said...

Cindy, I don't blame you a bit! There's nothing like being there with your family. Maddie has basketball games on Saturdays which I miss most of because of work, and that alone kills me. Hope you are at peace with your decision. Sounds like the right one!
Kristy

Peter and Nancy said...

A friend of mine just made the same decision -- but with a different twist. She's the sole caretaker of her parents, who are almost 80, in addition to working full-time. I am cheering you both on for being there for your families! School will still be there in the future, but your kids (and her parents) won't always be. God bless you, Cindy!
Nancy

Vanessa said...

I have been a SAHM for several years now so I wouldn't miss my kids. Somedays I wish I had the career I set out to do but when I look at those sweet faces I know I can always do it later!! HUGS

Julie & Patrick said...

If only there were more hours in a day....but then again, if there were, I'd probably opt to spend more time with the kids :)

Julie R

The Bullen's said...

That's the right thing. Spend time with your family.

Love all you guys,
Hannah

The Bullen's said...

I believe you'll never regret your decision. Our kids won't be at home forever! Glad you were able to peacably decide. Love you all and miss you too!!!

Ingrid =)