Hey everyone,
I have decided to add comment moderation so if you leave a comment, be prepared for it to take a few seconds longer. Just letting you know.
Thanks---Oh yeah, just to remind everyone..
I LOVE COMMENTS!!!
Emy has just learned how to go on to the blog and I want to be able to monitor everything before she reads it, thanks! I'm always close by to the computer when she is on, but geez, turn your back for one second and who knows.......it is worrisome I say!
So, do you guys sit by your kids side when they are on line? I stay within listening distance and I am on her like lightening as soon as I hear her change screens. And I go and check on her every couple of minutes---how do you guys monitor internet time?
Emy is only allowed to go to sites I have put into our FAVORITE tabs and she knows she can ONLY choose from there....I NEVER let her type something into a search engine---toooo dangerous. who knows what might pop up there, ya know?!?!
Friday, March 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We do something similar -- we get them to the web site they're looking for (PBS kids, Boys' Life, Adventures in Odyssey, whatever) and then they can read or play a game. We're pretty leery of them discovering unwanted things too! So, they don't get to search for anything -- and especially if I set up a YouTube video for them to watch, I stay right next to them the whole time. There are lots of things that pop up as "related" videos that are questionable or nasty. Ick.
We have a great filter called Covenant Eyes, though. As they get older and are able to stay home alone, that will help make sure they don't stumble on scary stuff.
Nancy
Post a Comment