Luke had bilateral eye surgery on Thursday 8/13/09. This little fellow still amazes me. He didn't cry when they took him back, he just hugged me, kissed me and went to "blow up a balloon" A.K.A. get gassed--LOL!! The nurses were great and his doctor is just TERRIFIC!!
We went for post op today and Luke is healing well, doing fine and loving his glasses...we finally got a measurement (hopefully that is the right word). We never knew for sure how well he was seeing with glasses and now we know. . He is seeing 20/100 in the left eye, 20/40 in the right eye and 20/30 with both eyes--that is WITH glasses...poor thing can't hardly see without them...We are continuing to patch his right eye for 2 hours every single day and he does not enjoy that too much, but I always win that argument!!
Luke is doing so well, I just can't say enough about how this little boy has warmed my heart. I love him so much!! It's so hard to believe he has just been home for 18 months!!
CAN you believe it?? My Emy is starting 1st grade on Tuesday--we met her teachers tonight and I am so very pleased with them. They are so enthusiastic--Emy can't wait for Tues morning to get here. Mrs. D and Mrs. B are awesome teachers and I think Emy will learn alot from them..There are only 17 students in her class which is a definite PLUS!!
My Emy--1st grade--where does the time go? It seems like yesterday she came off of the airplane, her eyes the biggest thing on her (or was it her lungs) LOL!!
Did I mention I love her so much too!?! She is the sunshine in my life--almost always cheerful, finding happiness in every nook and cranny of her young life...such a sweetie girl.
Emy speaks so clearly now--I can barely keep up. Stay tuned for more to come in the next few weeks...Lots of pictures to be posted--probably next week sometime!!
Until then.
Friday, August 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Time flies!!! Where has the time gone?!
Your little ones are still as adorable as the first time I read your blog!!! How can you not want to squeeze on them all the time?!
I was waiting to hear the results of the surgery for Luke. I hope he continues to heal well.
Emy is such a big girl...1st grade...how exciting.
Julie R
I'm so happy that Luke's surgery went so well. God is so Good. I can't believe Emy is already in 1st grade. She's has really grown up this summer. Your children are very special and you are so blessed to have them.
Luke came up to me a youth meeting Tuesday when Darrell came to pick up Emy. I felt something hugging my leg and there was Luke looking up at me smiling. My heart melted right there. :)
Always such a joy to read of your family's miracles and blessings. Luke is truly a "trooper" and I know what a delight Emy is to have as a student. Wish I could have taught her! God's blessings on you all.
Glad the surgery went well! Did you ever get my e-mail that I sent you before the surgery? I'd love to see a pic of Luke post-surgery. Congrats to Emy on starting 1st grade! My Eli starts 1st as well on Monday. Time flies!
:) Kristi
Post a Comment