Hey everyone!
We went for Luke's dreaded eye appointment. Darrell & I had to put drops in his eyes 3 times before this visit--boy was that FUN! Anyhoo--we got there and Luke did GREAT! He just sat in my lap like a good boy and looked through the doctor's lenses one by one as was shown to him. He really liked the ones that he could see well through!!
He was also fitted for glasses which we will receive in about 1 week. Surprisingly, he let me try on about 5 pair before we settled on some very small oval brown frames that wrap in an almost circle around his ears. . he wore them a minute and then no more. I really think he will enjoy his glasses once the prescription is in them.
Dr. B said that Luke was extremely near sighted and that the optic nerve in the left eye was thin--so be praying that this will improve over time. I have to research it a little bit and the nurse said to call her back for questions (she is a friend of mine--Cassidy (her daughter) & Emy went to preschool together for over a year). Thanks Tennille!! So I will sit down and call her sometime tomorrow (probably during Luke's nap time) and discuss that issue further.
Luke did great and I will soon post pictures of him with his new glasses on!! We are all looking forward to him being able to see better--bless his heart--he stumbles alot. But like I said before it doesn't get him down, he keeps on truckin!!
Later taters,
Cindy
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
GREAT !! I think little ones in glasses are soooo cute! I can't wait to see Luke wear them. I've already been praying for healing to the eyes and the optic nerve. God always comes through !!
Love you all,
Ingrid
It will be really fascinating for you guys to see the changes he makes after the glasses come, I'm sure! We have one in glasses already, and both have eye appts. next week (after which we will have two in glasses, according to our doc!). How grand that Luke did so well for the appointment! What a great little guy.
-- Nancy
Can't wait to see little Luke in glasses. He'll think they're great if it helps him be even more mobile.
Kristy
Post a Comment