Just sitting here thinking how blessed I am. I watched that movie "Letters to God" tonight and even though it was very sweet, heartfelt, and Christian-based, it just really made me sad. There is a fairly new young couple who is going to my church now and they recently lost a son to complications from a brain tumor. I think that just stinks. It is just so sad. God has really touched them and strenghthened them and they are pushing forward. They have two other children which helps keep them busy I'm sure. But, still. I just don't know how they do it. I am fully aware that God will give them the will and power to go on. I'm proud of the way they are holding up. I'm sure they have moments of weakness and self pity, who wouldn't? When Luke found out that "T" passed away, he said "He went to see Jesus before me, Mama". Will Jesus hug me when I get to Heaven? What will Heaven smell like?
My sweet Luke! I love his sweet little heart. I told him that Jesus would absolutely hug him and that Heaven would probably smell very good. Then we started talking about our favorite smells. Luke is closer to God than most. He is the most trusting soul I know. Talking with Luke is a gift. one on one. I love it (most of the time). Sometimes he can ramble a bit, but what kid can't?
Emy & Luke told me this evening that they want us to adopt 3 more kids. Really? Emy wants another boy from India, another girl from India, and still yet another boy from China. She already has them named. Go figure. Luke just dittos everything Emy says.
Summer is just flying by. We have been unbelievably busy! I'm working full time and Emy is staying with her favorite person. Darrell quit a very stressful job and started a mechanic job with a tree company. He is loving it. He has some aches and pains and hurts that he is not used to, but he is getting used to it. I am having a very hard time adjusting to this new job. It is longer hours and he is not allowed to bring the kids inside of the company truck. That means he cannot pick up or drop off any of the kids to or from work, school, or anything.
And he is on a different pay schedule. My mind can take only so much, you know? I know, its age talking, but come on!
Luke is scheduled to start Kindergarten next month! WOW! Emy is to start 4th grade. Tessa will be 2 years old in November.
Where.
does.
the.
time.
go?
Emy has been to a week long gymnastics day camp. She has redone her room into an NC State Wolfpack room! We all love it. She is wanting a waterbed. If she will sleep in her room, I say "let's do it". We are going tomorrow to look at a waterbed we found on craigs list. Hopefully the price will be right. :)
Miss Tessa is growing so fast. She is walking, talking, jabbering, running, trying to keep up with the big kids. She loves popsicles, crushed ice, sweet tea, milk, chocolate milk, grits, eggs, chicken, ravioli, cheese, yogurt and chocolate pudding. Did I mention pop tarts? And apples, oranges, bananas, pears and peaches. And green beans and pintos? This girl can eat!!!
Please remain in prayer for me and Darrell, that I can cope with his new job and my new responsibilities. Thank you bloggy friends.
Until next post,
Cindy
Friday, July 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So sorry to hear about your friends' son. This life sure can contain some pain, that's for sure . . . we are in similar situations, with friends who've had their 11-year-old diagnosed with a heart condition that will require surgeries, and almost certainly, a transplant. I will pray for your friends, and for you too. And I'll also pray for the job change. I don't know about you, but the older I get the harder it is to just roll with changes!
I love hearing what everyone's up to . . . Luke seems like a wise little guy.
Nancy
Dropped by your blog, sad to read of the couple from your church but a joy to read about your children. Blessings. Jean
Post a Comment