Here is an up to date pregnancy fact sheet on me. I will be 29 weeks along tomorrow!! Not much longer....the excitement is growing I guess, along with Baby Tessa. Emy can't wait to get her hands on her and Luke, well Luke is Luke and doesn't really say much about the baby. He will be a great brother and Emy will be her hero.....of course.
My diabetes has gotten worse with the pregnancy. I am on insulin and I am going to the doctor once a week for the high risk clinic because of my sugar levels and the fact that they call me a "geriatric" mother to be.....how wonderful they make me feel...I have gained a total of 4 pounds so far and Tessa is quite active at times and other times she is just a lazy bones.
I am sticking myself 13 times a day. This includes checking my sugar 8 times and I have to give myself 5 shots of insulin throughout the day. It's not as bad as it sounds. It's just my new normal routine. I am counting carbs and it stinks. I am a country girl who loves her taters and grits and I just cannot have them right now. I have switched over to whole wheat bread (and not much of that) and hardly any crackers or chips. My diet consists of lots of protein, fruits and veggies. I don't really crave much anymore, other than chili beans and hamburgers...LOL. Now I eat my burgers without bread and it works out better :)
So there is my update. My glucose screenings are getting better everyday, I am learning how to give myself more insulin depending on what I eat. Fruits raise my sugar really fast. I can't drink anything with real sugar (I haven't for years anyway). But the bread, potatoes and things like that are slowly getting to be less difficult for me to give up. I am staying away from pasta too. No more Olive Garden, unfortunately...:( but I can live without that. Anything to ensure a healthy baby.
So I hope all of you have an excellent Sunday! Enjoy your families. Thanks for reading and keeping up with us.
Love,
Cindy
Saturday, September 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love hearing about how you're already loving and caring for your baby before she's even born. What a regimen to keep up with! Your stamina and dedication are so amazing.
Do any stores near you carry Natural Ovens bread? (They're located in my husband's hometown -- Manitowoc, WI!) They do really healthy breads and bakery, and have one kind of bread designed just for diabetic diets. It might help get you through the last months with some "safe" carbs!
Praying for you and Tess! I can't wait to see those first pictures of Tess with Emy and Luke!
Nancy
Sounds like monitoring blood sugar is your new full time job, but the reward at the end is going to be wonderful!
Can't wait to hear all about meeting Tessa for the first time. Emy will be the best big sister.
yay to 29 weeks!
Julie
Post a Comment