Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trials and Triumphs

Should I go with trials first or triumphs??Okay, I will save the BEST for last--first of all, y'all need to be praying for me. I have the worst sinuses this side of the Mississippi--no lie--really I do. I have been having head pressure/sinus pressure/headaches since mid-August and have had 1 head CT, 2 sinus CT's and one Brain MRI to rule out some very scary stuff...and they have ruled out alot--everything except I NEED SINUS SURGERY soon. I have yucky sinuses and lots of nasal/sinus polyps. . I am scheduled for this on Dec 5th. . the reason for the delay is that I also have been blessed with sleep apnea and they refuse to do surgery until I have this under control. So, sleep study here I come!! I will be sleeping on a monitor one night next week--hopefully get something to help with my apnea--then after 2 weeks of that therapy, go for preop and then eventually under the knife--UGH!

I have real anxiety issues with the anesthesia thing--I know they do it everyday, but I feel very anxious and nervous even now as I am typing this. Anyway, I have had to take some pain meds for my severe headaches (which I hate) because they make me feel very weird. So I try to get by with plain old Tylenol and some days that just don't CUT it!! I have had alot of pain lately, and haven't quite been myself. I have had to miss a lot of church, especially the night services, because my pain seems to be much worse in the evenings. Okay--I am done complaining and belly aching--I just want the surgery over with so I can get on with mending and life in general--hopefully PAIN FREE!!

Here are the TRIUMPHS YOU WANT TO READ ABOUT:
Luke is talking so well these days. . He is initiating more conversation and speaking very clearly. I understand EVERYTHING on most days and almost everything on others. . he is a very bright child who is blending in very nicely with our family. . . he even has a temper which goes along with us as well...LOL--I mean, stamp his foot, throw down tantrums..whew.. most of the time, though, we can tickle him out of his bad moods. . and if that don't work, time out does the trick (or vice versa).

We had family portraits made today--can't wait to post one for y'all to see--Emy & Luke both did great--Darrell was my problem--that chewing gum kept getting in the way--LOL!! Thanks Carrie--you did GREAT!!

Emy got her first report card--let me tell you--that girl is grade A!! She had so many checks, check +'s, and S's and S+'s and quite a few O's (outstandings)--conduct got a S+!! WE are SO PROUD OF OUR GIRL!! So proud, in fact that I took her to Walmart where she proceeded to pick out a gift for herself (and for LUke) because she is such a good big sister!!

Also, as most of you know, we got a little financially behind with our 2nd adoption and God has worked out a way for me to earn some extra money at nights and on weekends. I am doing some medical transcription at home for a family practice. . I love it. . it's hard to find enough time for everything but Darrell has been so good to help with the kids and cooking, and housework on the weekends. . it is really helping us. Hopefully, it won't be a long-time plan but for now, it is a God-send. . pray for my strength as I have needed it these last few weeks with my sickness and having the extra work.

Thanks in advance for the prayers that I know you will offer. .

Later y'all...Enjoy your Sunday and what is left of the weekend with your families.

4 comments:

Peter and Nancy said...

Oh Cindy -- I've had sinus problems and they're no picnic. I sure will pray for you.

I'll also be praying for your new work efforts -- what a champ your husband is for stepping in to help. I might be looking into that myself in the near future . . . we're still paying for adoption #1 for 10 more months.

Many congrats to Miss Emy for her stellar school experience, and to Mr. Luke for the knock-down, drag-out temper thing (Anya Rashi has tried a few screaming fits to get ready for turning 2 next month!).

God bless you as you do your sleep study!
Hugs,
Nancy
P.S. Didn't know if you've been able to read Sandbox Adventures lately -- Joe's almost home!

Carrie said...

I hope your yuckiness goes away soon! Luke is such a champ...and so smart! Shoulda known you can't get nothing past Emy...she's got the brains and the beauty! And for Darrell....well he is just Darrell...and we love him just the way he is....lol! We love you all!!

The Bullen's said...

Oh Cindy...So sorry you've been feeling so miserable! I definately will keep you in my prayers. God will take you through and He is still in the healing business. Thank God for Darrell. He's got a heart of Gold. And make sure Miss Emy knows how proud I am of her... and Yes, I did notice Luke talking more in Sunday school. I could understand him too. Yay ! He's such a big boy when he stays in class without you. I'm working on Isaac...he's still attached to Mama too much. But don't get me wrong...this Mama loves it! He won't be little forever and I'm gonna take in every bit I can. Love ya'll and I know everything is gonna be alright. Cuz, with God all things are possible!
Love,
Ingrid

Julie & Patrick said...

I'm sure that this surgery, although scary will hopefully put an end to your sinus problems.

Glad to hear the rest of the family is doing well.

Julie R