Well, Luke did great at his assessment for speech therapy and OT services. PT will come later. He actually scored 2 points low for his age on all categories (what consistency) and we will have him re-tested in 6 months. He will know more English then and hopefully can communicate better with those nice ladies!! He didn't shy away from them, he just wanted me there with him and that is understandable!!
Luke & Emy stayed with "Nanny" Marie at daycare for 2 whole hours without me on Friday. I thought that was AWESOME! Neither one cried when I left them (I wonder if that is because I kind of snuck out)?. Awesome just the same to ME! And what a reception when I went to pick them up--it was lots of hugs and smiles for mama then!! Emy raced to me first with a great big hug. Then Luke saw me and whooped for joy and just loved on me and hugged me too!! I am officially wrapped around both of their little fingers for LIFE!! (Don't tell them--it's a secret!)
Two more weeks people and then, for me, it is back to work part time for two weeks and then back to work full time--I dread working again in a way because I really worry about Mr. Luke. I KNOW Emy will do great--she always does. . . he is a little bit attached to me at the hip these days. Oh well, we shall see!!
Will post new pictures soon--
Later y'all...
Cindy
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Will he and Emy be together? I'm sure it will really help him if she's at the same place -- even if they're in different rooms, he will still be able to have a few sightings every day. :o) He is doing so incredibly well, I'm sure he will adapt just as well to child care. You're being so wise about it by doing part-time first -- courage, mama! I'll be praying for all of you.
-- Nancy
Post a Comment